Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Make a Splash

Good afternoon, hope that everyone is safe and healthy! We are still on a stay at home order and will be so until at least the 15th May. I have some exciting times coming though, more about that when it happens.

It is Kawaii new release day at Stamper's Delights and as always the images are so adorable:

                     

There are 2 sets the first one I used is Make a Splash, I have used it along side this month's Progressive Challenge images:


What I Did:
 I chose the fish bowl from the progressive images and added some plants from the same set. I then used the mermaids and crab from the Make a Splash new release, resized them so everything fit inside the bowl. Having .png files make's it so easy to build scenes like this. I printed this onto stamping card and colored with alcohol markers. I actually colored the images first then added translucent color over this for the water and glass of the bowl. I then added some white gel pen for to give a curved effect to the bowl.
I then chose 2 design papers that would give me a wallpaper and table effect and adhered then to a 5x7in card base.
I resized and printed one of the included sentiments and matted this onto some of the wood effect paper so it looked like a picture frame. a piece of bakers twine some foam dots and a brad hung it on the 'wall'.
I then used foam tape to adhere my fish bowl onto my 'table'.

The other Kawaii new release is You Are Mermazing:


What I Did:
This set comes with 2 cute little mermaids, stars and a cute jellyfish. I chose to use the little male mermaid and the stars. I placed him inside one star and one of the sentiments inside another. Both were colored with alcohol markers and fussy cut.
I then added some coordinating paper to a 5x7in card base. I  die cut a seashell border which I colored and added along the lower card. I adhered the big star to the card and used foam squares to add the sentiment star. I then added green iridescent gems as bubbles.
It's not clear on the photo but I also added glitter to the mermaid's tale.
  
What I used:
 Digital Images: Stamper's Delights: Kawaii Make a Splash, Kawaii You are Mermazing and Fish Bowl
Stamping Card: X-press It
Alcohol Markers: Copic
Card for bases: Core'Dinations Premium Card Stock, heavy weight.
Design Paper both cards: From my stash
Brad & Bakers Twine - From my stash
Green Gems: From my stash
Seashell Border Die: La La Land

Head on over to the Stamper's Delights Store to see all of this week’s thrifty offers, here's what they look like:

Why not stop by the Stamper's Delight Facebook page for regular news on and inspiration from my Teamies you can also enter the progressive challenge there, no blog needed and you can receive the fish bowl freebies to enter with! 


We also have a monthly challenge where you can enter any makes you do!

Thanks for stopping by and if you like what you see please leave a comment to let me know!


2 comments:

cebelica said...

These are adorable! Xx

Fikreta said...

wonderful !