Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, December 30, 2019

Shaking In The Snow

Good afternoon! I hope everyone had a great Christmas I know we did! Santa was definitely kind to use all.

Today's post is a card using a super cute image from Scrapper's Delights which was a gift for the design team members:


Isn't this a gorgeous Image! I colored it with my Copic markers, after it was colored Mollie said the girl reminded her of Anna from Frozen - I had unintentionally colored her is a similar color scheme!

I haven't made shaker cards for so long that I thought this was the ideal image to do so.
I had some acetate with snow already on it so I used This for my window. I cut an oval aperture from some patterned and foiled cardstock and added the acetate over this. 
I then matted my 7x5 inch card blank with a coordinating aqua colored card. I then lined up my image so she would show through the aperture and adhered it to my card base. Using foam tape I covered the back of the aperture card ensuring that there was a seal around the acetate window so the glitter wouldn't fall through.
I added a pile of glitter over the image and placed the aperture cardstock over the base, sealing in the glitter so it would shake loosely.


As the cardstock has snowflakes foiled on to it I didn't feel I needed to add anything else to the card.


I am trying to incorporate more videos in to my crafting so here's a little one showing the shaker!

Thanks for stopping by and if you love what you see please let me know in the comments










5 comments:

Fikreta said...

so lovely card!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

This is beautiful Sharon xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

awesome shaker card! Lovely

Jan said...

Great card. Happy New Year xx Jan