Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Seeking Nectar

Good morning, we still have high temperatures but all the recent storms means we have had an explosion of mosquitoes hatching. They are everywhere and are biting like crazy!

There are definite signs that fall is on the way though, one of them is the migration of my favorite little bird. The hummingbirds are so fun to watch feeding during the summer months. For today's card I have colored one of them from my favorite Sheena Douglass stamp set Tropical Nectar:


I made this card for a friend's mother-in-law's birthday, the flower and the humming bird were stamped on to X-press It card stock using Memento Ink and colored with alcohol markers. I then chose a sentiment stamp from a set by Penny Black called Special Thoughts.
  I folded my card base from a piece of  white card stock cut to 10 x 7 inch and matted this with a piece of pink card stock that matched the colors in the flower.  
Once my colored image was adhered to my card base I added a shower of pink pearls around the image.

Thank you for stopping by and if you like what you see please leave me some love in the comments below 




5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kate M said...

Love the stamps, coloured beautifully, lovely desugn, super card!!

Susan said...

This is a beautifully coloured card, and nicely designed. I can tell you thoroughly enjoyed making it. Blessings.

Polka Dot Orchard said...

This is so beautiful and your coloring looks great ❤️

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!
hugs