Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, December 9, 2016

Winter Coffee anyone?

Good morning from a very snowy Michigan - yes its finally arrived with a vengeance. It snowed all day yesterday and is still coming down!

Today is the start of the famous Winter Coffee Blog Hop  over at the Coffee Loving Cardmakers - Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps and Riley and Company are both sponsors so I am joining in with a cards I have made using both company's stamps.

I have to admit that I hate the taste and smell of coffee but I do love some of the cute coffee stamps that are out there, including this one from Prickley Pear:


As the theme of the blog bop is winter I have added snow flakes!
I masked to cup off the Coffee Stamp and stamped that and the Snowflake Corner with Versamark. I then added gold tinsel embossing powder and heated it. Next I masked off the flourish on the stamp and again using Versamark stamped the cup section. I used black tinsel embossing powder on this. I matted a card blank with gold and black card and added my image layer to this. A few dots of crystal drops just finished the design.



I stamped it using Espresso colored ink (so fitting don't you think!) I then matted my card with gold and dark brown card. I rounded the corners and added my image layer to my card base.  I then die-cut a coffee set and arranged this on my card. A very simple card but it gets the point of the sentiment across!

You too can join in the coffee blog hop by making up a card with either a coffee, tea or cocoa theme and linking it to the blog. If you are going to join in why not use the Riley and Company or Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps stamps - they have plenty of Coffee related ones to choose from. Whether you like Snark or serious they have the lot!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you check out the links above for more inspiration 

 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

17 comments:

Fikreta said...

great cards!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully created cards.

~amy~ said...

LOL...I love this. The interior sentiment is perfect.

Shelly said...

These are so sweet!

Ceal said...

So pretty. Thanks for sharing

Karenzkardz said...

Fab cards xx

Helen F. said...

Lovely designs!

Teri said...

Wonderful cards, especially the first one.

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards!! Love love!

Arianna Barbara said...

Both your cards are really beautiful!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the stamps used on the first card and the steam & beans coming out of the cup. Lovely!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

Simply said your projects are STUNNING! not a detail missed and just beautiful, color, theme, design these projects have it all! Thank you for sharing this and for the inspiration!

Hetty said...

Wonderful cards both of them.

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous CAS cards!

MariLynn said...

Love the elegance the embossing gives your first card. That second card with that sentiment is so humorous.

Christi Flores said...

Love the embossing and that sentiment is perfection!

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card and I love the black and white!