Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Designer highlights

Good morning who's excited about the pending holidays - I have 2 excited kids who can't wait for Santa Claus to arrive!

Today my makes are being showcased over on the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps blog. I have made a couple of new designs as well as all my previous makes

First of all is a candle and box I have decorated using the stunning Christmas stamps

And here's how I did it:
I stamped and heat set The Ornate Tree and Snowflake Border images using a metallic silver ink onto white tissue paper. I then carefully cut around the images and laid them on a plain white candle. I wrapped parchment paper around this and heated with my heat gun. This causes the top layer of the candle to melt and the tissue paper sinks into this. once cooled the image looks as though it has been stamped onto the candle. 
I added some crystal gems to the stamped image and some silver gossamer ribbon around the base to balance the design out.


For the box I made a box the same size as the candle from pearlescent white card. I then matted the lid of this with silver card. Using embossing ink I stamped the Ornate Tree onto a white piece of card along with the Celebrate the Season sentiment both from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. I then added a silver tinsel embossing powder and heat set this. I added some of the same crystal gems to match the candle and then matted this onto the lid of the box.


A stunning gift for someone over the holiday period.

As part of my highlight I also made a very simple Christmas card using the Little Drummer Boy stamp


I stamped the sweet little fellow in the bottom corner of a piece of white card. He was then colored using alcohol markers. I used a fine line pen to add a border to the card and a gold die cut star just finishes off the image. This was then matted onto a snowflake patterned kraft card and gold card as used for the star.

Thanks for stopping by - you can read more about me and my Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp designs over on the blog. Also checkout the Facebook page where the rest of my teamies showcase their work!
 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

3 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Two beautiful projects Sharon! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2017.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Wow your makes are stunning. Thank you explaining how the candle was done. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

wonderful creations!
Merry Christmas!
hugs