Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, December 18, 2015

exciting news and who wants cake?

Good morning it's finally snowing here but only lightly and I don't think it's going to hang around until Christmas one place we could almost be guaranteed a white Christmas and for the 2nd year running it is unlikely!

On to my news I have to share - I applied for a guest design team position at Faery Ink in November and left it open when I could design for them. a couple of weeks ago Amanda messaged me offering me a full time position on the team -I was so delighted and of course I said yes immediately.

I officially start designing in January and believe me there are some gorgeous images coming up but in the meantime I am doing for some inspiration for a challenge that is running this month including the baking challenge you can grab the gorgeous Destiny Bakes image set from the website - color her up and add your finished image to the Facebook challenge page.

Destiny is gorgeous and she comes with all sorts of extras to help you create a baking scene with her as well as some great sentiments.


I have used just her image and one of the sentiments. She is colored with my Spectrum Noir markers and I have fussy cut her by hand - I would have used my Cameo but that was busy cutting the card! I then re-sized the sentiment, printed it and matted it onto red card.
The card itself is a cutting file from the Silhouette store, I cut the base using Kraft card, the layers of the mixer in white and finally the dotty design paper. I then used mirror card to cut the bowl and trims of the mixer - I would love a dotty mixer like this one! Once constructed I added Destiny. I had planned to put the sentiment on the top part of the mixer but found it looked best on the bowl.

The challenge closes on the 31st December so you still have plenty of time to enter just add a photo of your image to the Faery Ink Baking Challenge album  and Good Luck!!!

As well as the Faery Ink challenge I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes 
PdE Linky Party - Anything Goes 
Simply Papercraft Challenges - Anything Goes 
Crafting With an Attitude - Anything Goes 
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes 











10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!!! Congratulations on the new DT!

Shabneez said...

Love your card Sharon! The shape reminds me of my Mum's ancient Kenwood mixer. Shabneez xxx

Brawny x said...

Congratulations. Gorgeous card x

Jeanette58 said...

Congratulations Sharon. Love your cards too. Xx

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party.
I hope you’ll come link up again soon!
Janis, Owner & DT Member
Pause Dream Enjoy
PDE Linky Party, Owner & DT Member

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar, good luck!!! Amy DT

Theresa said...

yes please don't mind some cake!. cute card. thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Jackie C said...

Very cute! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Pause Dream Enjoy, Jackie CT member

Glittertastic said...

Fabulous card! I love the shape of the food mixer you have used for the base. Thanks for joining in at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member