Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, December 11, 2015

Ode to My Brother

Wednesday was my big brother's birthday. He lives in the UK and I do miss him especially on birthday's and other holiday times. 
But its a great time to show him how much I love him and sending him some love in the snail mail. As i can never gauge how long it will take for cards to get back to the UK I've allowed a couple of extra days before blogging about his cards - didn't want him to see them before he received them.

OK let me tell you a bit about him....

He is a LITTLE older than me, is married with some great kids and now grandkids, he's an avid family man and always puts his family first.

Since we left the UK Stephen has become an avid cyclist, and uses this to help people learn to ride and gain experience through a charity called Street Bikes,  who are a non-profit agency they have a bicycle lending library - loaning bikes to people not fortunate enough to own their own and provide training on how to look after your bike or fixing it for you. They also have mix ability cycling rides.

Stephen generously shares his free time with Street bikes and posts on his Facebook page are often of him helping out on the rides or mechanic days in his sexy cycling gear.

As he's getting on a bit (ha ha) I couldn't resist using La Pashe art work for his cards the first one is from a sheet called Grease Lightening


Here he is cycling up a 1:10 hill whilst his passenger takes a rest!!!
The image has been decoupaged and then matted on blue cardstock. I have then chosen a stone wall design paper - a lot of the countryside in Yorkshire, where we are from, has dry stone walling and this paper was perfect for that. Again I have matted this onto blue card before placing my image and sentiment on the card.

When we were growing up Stephen was (and still is) a grease monkey he always had his head under the bonnet of a car or was in the yard dismantling parts of cars so nothing could be more perfect for him for his card from our kids than this decoupage picture also from La Pashe


Just like him butt hanging out of his jeans and covered in oil!!!
Again it is decoupaged and matted onto green card before adhering it the card blank - I'm not sure there should be so much oil on the floor!!!!

So I hope you had a great Birthday Bruv! and here's to many more 
I love you and miss you
XXXXX


4 comments:

Fikreta said...

GREAT CARDS
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Amy A said...

AWESOME masculine cards hun! Love the Car one! xx

Jackie T said...

Hi these cards are amazing masculine cards are often difficult to make but you have done a good job. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Sharon and I am sure your brother loved them.
Hugs
Linda xxx