Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Garden Dwellers - pretty dragonfly

Hi it's lunch time on a Thursday and that can only mean one thing - Ok 2 one I'm hungry and need to feed myself but the main thing is it's New release day over at Julia Spiri!!
Wow she has some gorgeous characters for you today -The Garden Dwellers -you can find all of the out in the yard!!!
As we live near a lake we get lots of dragonflies buzzing around our yard so guess who I have colored up!



OK I know the female dragonfly hasn't got the pretty colors that the male has but hey this is fantasy land!!!

I have colored her with my Spectrum Noir makers and Derwent Metallic pencils to give her the shine you see on them as they buzz around the yard.

I have then added Clear Wink of Stella to her wings for a bit of extra sparkle!

I used a blue pearl card blank which I matted with an iridescent mirror card overlayed with a sheet of acetate which has been glitter embossed with butterflies and leaves.  

I used a flower corner punch on my image and matted this onto the same pearl card I made the blank from. and angled this on my card. 

Some blue sheer ribbon and a dragonfly charm just finished the cute look I was trying to achieve.

Dragonfly and her friends are available now over at Julia's Etsy Store along with all of Julia's fab designs so why not add them to your collection and join our challenge with them.

Pop over to Julia's Facebook group for more inspiration by the rest of the Design Team and to see the other newly released stamps from the collection.
 
I am entering this card into the following Challenges
Crafting by Design - Anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Fikreta said...

gorgeous
>^.^<

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous, loving her blue hair and beautiful papers and ribbon.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card. Fab colours x

Wheelie Crafty said...

Hi Sharon, absolutely stunning card Hun, It is really is just so beautiful...

Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Sharon she is most beautiful, stunning colouring hun, hugs xxx

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

She is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

Michelle said...

I think she looks great with these colours. Lovely image and card.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Julia Spiri said...

Awesome! Fabulous!
Hugs, Julia.

Cicci said...

Soooo Cute image that you have made so beutiful with that colours!! a great and beutiful card :o)
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge!
Hugs CicciTTCRD DT
ciccividpennan.blogspot.com {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com