Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Shabby Chic

Good morning - today's post took me out of my comfort zone. I am usually a clean and simple crafter but The Challenge at Digi Choosday this week is Shabby Chic.

To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.
You have until 19th August to enter and the winner will be announced on 2nd September, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found on the challenge blog.
The winner will receive 3 free digi images from Polka Doodles Digi World - yes any 3 digi' you like and there are some fab ones over there.

On to my card
 
I have used only the papers and a sentiment from the new Work and Play 6 bonus collection to demonstrate how versatile these collections are. I have distressed the edges of the papers with my scissors. These, the doily and the lace were then inked with some distress ink. I used Kraft card to mat these onto and cut the leaves. I die cut the flowers using the same papers and added buttons threaded with some burlap cord. The sentiment is from the same collection and has again been distressed with ink.
 

10 comments:

Scrappy Scatty said...

stunning card xx

Kate M said...

Really beautiful card - love the papers and the colour combination - fabulous!
xx

Brawny x said...

A very pretty card. X

Jan said...

Love this pretty card xx Jan

Unknown said...

Sharon this is gorgeous, love the vintage feel to this card, hugs xxx

Crafty Judith said...

Really beautiful so pretty hugs Judith xxx

Desire Fourie said...

This is so beautifully chic. Just love the mix of design papers and touch of kraft.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Eve's Been Reading said...

Really love how you've done this, so pretty x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous card!
Julie x

Anjie said...

Adore this card, you did a brill job!
Hugs
Anj
xx