Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A stitch in time.....

Good Morning! it's a busy week this week lots to do before my vacation!
Today is the start of another challenge over at Digi Choosday, to enter you can make anything you like from a card to a home décor item and anything inbetween.
You have until the 26th August to enter and the winner will be announce on 2nd September, so lots of time to get your entry in All we ask is that you follow the theme which this week is stitching - real or faux and the simple rules that can be found on the challenge blog
The winner will receive 5 yes FIVE!! digi images from the Polkadoodles digi store.
 
On to my card
 
 

I have used faux stitching on my card. I have made patchwork with 2 papers from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD by cutting them in to equal size squares and matting them on some green card and a 3rd paper from the disc. I have then "stitched" around the squares with a fine black pen. Maisie is also from the CD and I have colored her with Spectrum Noirs and fussy cut her before using foam tape to fix her to the card. As she has a pair of scissors in her pocket and ribbon on her ear I have then added some appropriate embellishments from the Picknix Cd collection and some pink dotty buttons from my stash.
 
Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

Anjie said...

Fab card! Love this CD and you've mixed it well with Picknix.
Hugs
Anj
xx

Crafting Vicky said...

So pretty. Love the quilt effect you have done for the background. Very clever!

Scrappy Scatty said...

love your card what a clever idea xx

Eve's Been Reading said...

Such a clever way to approach the theme, I would never have come up with this! Great idea and great card! Y x