Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Altenew Educators Certification Program - Polychromatic

 Good afternoon from a very rainy Michigan, storms and a ton of rain are the norm for the next week, we needed the rain but probably not as much as is forecast!

Welcome to my next submission for my AECP, the class this time was Polychromatic taught  by Nina- Marie Trapani and is all about color and color combos. I chose to cover 2 of the lessons for my submission. pastel shades with no line and monochromatic. 

My first card uses pastel colors with no line coloring. The no line is a technique I struggle with, I have tried a number of different light inks to stamp with but never got the desired look. This class teaches using an ink color that matches the coloring medium you have chosen and I found it worked for me!


I chose to use Cotton Candy and Lavender fields inks for my Indian lotus flowers, I stamped the outline only and then colored them with pastel shades of alcohol markers before using the coordinating dies to cut them out. I struggled to color the leaves using the same technique so I stamped 2 layers of these over my card base using 2 shades of green. This gave me the same look as my flowers.
When constructing my card I felt the flowers were overshadowed by the leaves so I added a white die cut corner to break up the background.
I heat embossed my sentiment onto vellum and added this across my card before added my flowers arranged on foam tape.
Finally I colored the underside some clear drops with coordinating markers and added these in a random pattern on my card


My next card used Nina- Marie's monochromatic technique, I have to say at the time this was my least favorite technique, which is why I chose to use it but I love how my card turned out.




I started with a piece of yellow cardstock and using a stamp from Persian Motifs stamped randomly across the card in an ink that was just darker than the card which gave me a tone on tone effect. Using a darker alcohol marker I then colored some sections on the flowers blending this out with a lighter marker. It almost give a watermark effect but with shading!


I cut the yellow card down to 4.25x3.5in so it fit across the bottom of an A2 card base. Using the Hello die I cut into the top of the yellow card giving me a recess to add the gold die cut of the same word. I adhered the yellow card to my base and fixed the gold hello in to place. I had kept the 'waste' from the yellow card hello cut and glued the small pieces into place around the gold card.
Keeping the rest of the card simple I just added a few gold sequins.


Thank you for stopping by, I will be back with my next class very soon!

Altenew products I used:

Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Coverstock
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Coverstock
Purchase From:
SSS | AZN
Warm Sunshine Dye Ink
Warm Sunshine Dye Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Build a Flower - Indian Lotus Stamp and Die
Build a Flower - Indian Lotus Stamp and Die
Purchase From:
ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Cotton Candy
Crisp Dye Ink - Cotton Candy
Purchase From:
ALW
Crisp Dye Ink  - Lavender Fields
Crisp Dye Ink - Lavender Fields
Purchase From:
ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Frayed Leaf
Crisp Dye Ink - Frayed Leaf
Purchase From:
ALW
Crisp Dye ink - Limeade
Crisp Dye ink - Limeade
Purchase From:
ALW
Embossing Ink
Embossing Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Silver Embossing Powder
Silver Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW
Persian Motifs Stamp Set
Persian Motifs Stamp Set
Purchase From:
ALW
Envelope Liner Die Set
Envelope Liner Die Set
Purchase From:
ALW

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

I love the way your second card looks! I absolutely adore monochrome looks and this one looks amazing!
Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.