Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Altenew Educators Certification Program - Creative Watercolor Media

 Good afternoon, it's a bit cooler here this week thank goodness! We have a busy week, groomers and we are looking after another puppy over the weekend so are excited about that!

I'm here with my submissions for the next class for my AECP. The classes this time were all about watercoloring - but not with paint! Jen Rzasa, Debby Hughes and Laura Bassen used other media to paint with and I have some of them to share with you today.

My first card is using re-inkers - The refills for ink pads as paint:


I don't have many re-inkers for my Altenew inks but I do have for other brands so used these. I started by stamping the outline of the flower and leaves from the Peony Tree Build a Flower stamp set using versamark ink onto watercolor cardstock. I heat embossed this with clear powder which gives a resist on the paper.

 I then wet each flower with clean water and added the ink with a brush, just letting the ink flow with the water. This is known as wet into wet, it's not a technique I would usually do as I prefer to work clean and controlled. 

Once each flower was dry I repeated the step on the next embossed area, leaving it to dry in between stops the paints mixing together and becoming muddy. When all the flowers and leaves were colored and dry I trimmed the card panel down, removing any edges that were flooded with color.

For the rest of my design I die cut Thanks in black cardstock 4 times and stacked these on top of each other giving my a raised sentiment. I stamped the rest of my sentiment with Versafine ink and heat embossed this with clear embossing powder.

My stamped card was added to a black A2 card base and my sentiments arranged in landscape. Finally a few Nuvo jewel drops finished my design.



My next 2 cards were made using my Altenew Ink pads as watercolor paint. This was done by smooshing the ink onto my glass mat and picking it up with a paint brush to color the images:


I love anemones, they are bright happy flowers.
I started by stamping my image onto an A2 piece of hot press watercolor card, This is my preferred card to stamp on as it is smooth.

I then painted the image with a number of different color inks when painting flowers it's best to paint alternate petals, painting petals next to each other can lead to the paint bleeding together and you don't get the shading in the flower. I used a black watercolor pen in the center of the flowers to give them the stark black that anemones have.

While I let my image dry I adhered silver Washi tape down the edge of a white A2 card base. This was to give the card more interest. 

I trimmed my water colored image down to 4in wide so that the Washi tape showed when I added it to my card base.

Using Silver embossing powder I heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and added this to the bottom right of my card. Finally I added some silver crystal gems to tie the design together.



I made my last card was just for fun - I couldn't resist painting the Moroccan Mosaic background stamp:


It was stamped on to hot press card again but I left the bottom edge clean.

I water colored each section, Once dry It was matted onto black card and an A2 card base. My sentiment was stamped with black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

The giraffe was cut 4 times, each one stacked on top of each other to give me more dimension and added to my card overlapping the white area to break it up.



Thank you for taking the time to stop by, I will be back with my next class soon!

Altenew products I used:


Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Coverstock
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Coverstock
Purchase From:
SSS | AZN
Altenew Crystal Clear Embossing Powder
Altenew Crystal Clear Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW
Shades of Purple Crisp Inks
Shades of Purple Crisp Inks
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Build A Flower - Tree Peony
Altenew Build A Flower - Tree Peony
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Thanks Die
Altenew Thanks Die
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Heartfelt Sentiments
Altenew Heartfelt Sentiments
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Fuchsia Crisp Dye Ink
Altenew Fuchsia Crisp Dye Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Warm Sunshine Dye Ink
Altenew Warm Sunshine Dye Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Persian Blue Dye Ink
Altenew Persian Blue Dye Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Fresh Leaf Ink
Altenew Fresh Leaf Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Geometric Menagerie Stamp & Die Set
Altenew Geometric Menagerie Stamp & Die Set
Purchase From:
ALW
Moroccan Mosiac Stamp Set
Moroccan Mosiac Stamp Set
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Paint a Flower Anemone
Altenew Paint a Flower Anemone
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Magenta Ink
Altenew Magenta Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Baby Pink Ink
Altenew Baby Pink Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Forest Glades Ink
Altenew Forest Glades Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Altenew Evergreen Ink
Altenew Evergreen Ink
Purchase From:
ALW

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

absolutely wonderful cards, Sharon!! Love them!
Thank you for sharing your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.