Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Michigan is my Home

 Good afternoon! 7 years ago we moved from UK to the USA and the state of Michigan which quickly became our home. We love almost everything about the place yes even the snow (when I don't have to go out in it!).

Moving here meant I was able to spend more time on my love for paper crafting, my amazing hubby made sure I had a dedicated space and just last year upgraded the room making it so much easier for me to work in here.

So my post today is dedicated to Michigan - our mitten state. My cameo is one of my favorite tools to play with, and I couldn't resist cutting this awesome Mandala with it


  I started by ungrouping the design and tracing and cutting the solid outline. Then came the fun bit cutting and weeding the intricate design. The intricacy is the reason I love this machine, it doesn't matter what I throw at it it will cut it.

Once I had all the pieces I glued them together making sure to line up the edges perfectly. This design isn't meant to have the background so when piecing it together I realized there were some parts missing. But by working with the software I was able to fill in the missing sections.

Finally I glued all the sections onto the blue cardstock - My next task is to find a frame to fit it!

Thanks for stopping by




1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie