Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Dragonflies Peonies and 10% discount!!!

Good morning!! The snow has finally gone!!!! Ok we still have a piles where it has been plowed but the yard is now clear much to Gizzie's delight - he's back to exploring!
 
As it's starting to brighten up I thought I'd do a nice brightly colored card for a change.
 
The So Suzy Stamp challenge closes in a few days so here's a reminder to get your entries in!
The theme water-coloring continues. There are so many ways you can use this theme so an easy challenge to enter! Just pop by the blog for details.
 
All you need is a So Suzy stamp which you can get a 10% discount off by using the Code SHARON10 - if you have the 20% for life for the store this code will also stack giving you a whopping 30% off!!!
 
My make today is using the fab new dragonfly stamp and one of my all-time favorites - Peony
 
 
I started by coloring 2 sheets of water color card with pearlescent water color paint. one I did in muted pinks and peaches, the other in blues, greens and an aqua color. Once dry I used a versamark watermark pad to stamp peonies over the pinky color. I then sprinkled these with purple glow Wow embossing glitter and heat set them. Putting this to one side I stamped the dragon flies onto the aqua card with the same ink pad and used Blue glitz Wow embossing glitter on them. Once set I matted the pinky card onto some bright blue card stock and a deckled edged card blank. I then fussy cut the dragonflies (completely forgetting that So Suzy Stamps now does SVG files for this reason!!). Using a spellbinder tag die I cut the blue tag from the same card I used to mat the background and the inner circle from the Pinky water colored card. This was stamped with Suzy's Small Merci Stamp then embossed using the blue glitz again. The tag was fastened to the center of the card and the dragonflies on either side. I only glued the center body part of them down to make them look as though they are flying.
 
So pop by get your stamps using my discount code SHARON10 and get entering the challenge!!!
 
Before I go, did you know that So Suzy Stamps can be found on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. She also has a showcase Facebook Group - So Suzy Stamps Flaunt it if you made it - where you can show your own designs (and enter our challenge) made with these fab stamps.
 
 

4 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

How beautiful, love the colours you have chosen for the dragonflies!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

Brawny x said...

Fab cardvx

Denise Goeldner said...

Gorgeous CAS style card, beautifully done, love the colours chosen too.
~ Denise ~
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}