Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, February 4, 2019

Twisted Kingfisher

Good morning, we still have snow lingering and temperatures are due to drop again today so I'm staying nice and warm indoors

Todays card is using a technique I haven't used for a long while, while doing some reorganizing I decided to pull out my crafting CDs. The one I have used today has some gorgeous British wildlife art work from the late Pollyanna Pickering.


The image is a twisted decoupage, the picture is printed out in five different layers which are all adhered on top of each other with foam squares giving the picture a twisted look. 
You can see it in more detail here:


After I had made up this topper, I matted a black 8x8in card base with blue card matching it as near as possible to the blue printed around the topper. I then added some coordinating digital paper. I matted my twisted topper and a smaller topper of the same image with black card and arranged these on to my card base gluing them in place with wet glue.
I didn't have card candy to coordinate with my card so I colored some white pieces with alcohol markers. A die cut 'happy birthday' finished my design.
this card is for a man however I think the stunning image could be used for either a masculine or feminine card depending on how it is embellished.

Thanks for stopping by and as always if you like what you see please leave some love in the comments





1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a stunning card. I love Pollyanna Pickering images. Take care. Hugs Jackie