Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Mermaids home

Good afternoon, it's a lazy Saturday for me not going much planned, it's the last weekend before school starts so making sure everything is ready for 7am on Monday 

It's also the last weekend of the month so time for an exciting new release from Scrapper's Delights. We are carrying on with the under the sea theme from last month and there are some great props for you to add to your mermaids and fish themes.

I have used Sea Rock 1 - I chose to use the png file so I could add Pearl Mermaid 2 peeking out from the middle of the rock


I colored the image using alcohol markers then went over the top of all of it with an aqua colored marker to make it look as though it was all under water.
As I had used a deep red for the coral I chose the same to use as my matting card. 
I made a 6x6 inch card blank, matted this with the same red card and some digital design paper that looks like water. I recolored a piece of this to tine in with the image and matted this onto the same red card to contrast under my image.
A bubble die cut and some clear dimension drops just finished off the design.

Ingredients used

Head on over to the Scrapper's Delights Store to see all of the new releases.
We also have a monthly challenge where you can enter any makes you do
Why not stop by the Scrapper's Delight Facebook page for regular news on and inspiration from my Teamies and keep your eyes peeled on my blog for new releases from them!
I am entering these  cards into the following challenges:



                                                   photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

4 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, I like the sweet image
Kevin xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. I love the cute mermaid. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jane Savage said...

Fabulous card! Love that image!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Ellibelle said...

This is just beautiful, love that sweet image and you colored her beautifully!
Thanks so much for sharing!!

Ellie
Let's Color Linky Party
critters & Creatures Linky Party