Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Wedding bells are ringing

 Good afternoon, hope everyone is safe and well. We are now fully vaccinated and hoping to enjoy a bit more freedom. 

Talking of which we are so excited to be planning a wedding. Our son, James, gets married in the summer and we are so happy he chose to hold it here at our home. 

This has also given me more crafting time I have just complete the invites for the occasion. They didn't come without problems my die cutter decided it was too old to cope and my printer was haunted and started ghost printing. 

New equipment was installed in the craft room and I was good to go! 


James of course is from England and Liz is from here in the US so I decided to  make the invitations from cardstock from the 2 different countries. The cream pearl cardstock I brought with me when we moved and the purple was bought here.

I die cut the front panel and an inner pocket using the cream cardstock and Crafter's Companion dies. 

The card bases were cut to size and adhered so I had a card with a double fold. I used the edger die from the die set to cut the front flap so the lattice piece would fit perfectly over it.


Ribbon was added to the lattice piece and it was adhered on the card base. 

Inside I added the lattice pocket and matted the center with a lilac card stock



A separate piece of lilac cardstock was cut to fit in the pocket.

I then typed up the details of the wedding and  RSVP information, these were cut to size and added to the lilac panels.

Finally I added a chocolate box bow and a tiny cream rose to the front of each card.

I needed something to put them all in so I repurposed a shoe box, I covered it in cardstock and added decoration to match the front of the invite. Inside the lid  I matted it with the wedding details. This way they have a box to keep memories of their special day


I didn't get to take a great photo but this is the outside lid.

I have more crafts related to the wedding to do and will share them as the time gets nearer!

Thanks for reading and if you love what you see please let me know in the comments.






1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon that invitation is gorgeous. I love it. You will have a lovely time making things for the wedding. I really enjoyed making things for our daughter's wedding a few years ago. Take care. Hugs Jackie