Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, February 22, 2013

The girl with octopus hair!

Say hi to Maggie or as Mollie refers to her the girl with octopus hair and wearing her mummy's hat and dress..............but it's naughty to steal other peoples clothes so she's got some flowers to say sorry!
The things kids come out with!
Anyway back to the card as I said this is Maggie - Springtime girl! One of Heather Valetine's wonderful digi-stamps.

using my Spectrum Noirs I've coloured her in my favourite colours.

I've used Crafter's companion embossalicious folder on some core-dinations card to frame her with some spellbinder die-lites for edges - the purple card looks a lot darker than it is in real life!

The backing papers, ribbon and buttons are from my stash and the gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid

The reason for doing this card is to enter into the lacy Sunshine blog challenge which you can find here: http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ and hopefully get a certain design team lady to stop nagging me!

16 comments:

Alyx said...

Great card Sharon! Love the way you've coloured the digi, and the entire layout. Love Mollie's comments too!

Thanks for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Astrid said...

Ah, love the title and your description! I am blind so can't see the actual card, but I had to laugh at this.

Linda Simpson said...

This is one of my favourite images. Gorgeous colour combination and beautiful dies too.

Thank you for joining us at Lacy Sunshine challenge.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally love how you have colored her up. She feels like spring big time.

Andree said...

A wonderful card Sharon, I love your choice of colours and Maggie looks fabulous x

Andi B said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, hopefully it will keep that certain person from nagging you, until the next challenge anyway lol

Andrea xx

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

Great card!!!! Hope you stop by to visit me at http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
Bloggie Love,
Lynne

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and the image.

Sylvia x

Meredith said...

Gorgeous Sharon!! Love your colour combo.. :D
Cheers
Meredith
xxx

jane stillman said...

A brilliant card, love the image, and the die lites look fab

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,love the gorgeous image and fab papers.xxx

Lynn Whitehouse said...

Beautiful card :-) xxx

Kim O'Connell said...

Very sweet!

mamof9 said...

Beautiful card, love the die you have used, great colouring and colours x

Su said...

Great card Sharon, I can guess who was 'nagging' you! I've got this digi too and just love Mollie's description of her hair, you can always rely on the little 'uns to say what they think! Anyhoo back to the card, well your choice of colours couldn't fail with me (as you know, your colouring technique is brilliant (as always) and the whole card just works so well together, very fresh and spring-like;just a shame we can't say the same for the weather.... we've got snow again! Good luck in the challenge and hopefully my offering will appear in a day or so/1

Hugs Su xx

Unknown said...

Superb Sharon, love the way you have coloured her xxx