Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, February 17, 2023

Pretty Little Clutch

Hello! we have had a crazy week of weather, Tuesday it was 52f and sunshine. Yesterday came another blizzard and the temps are in the 20s again!

Have you ever wanted to send a gift card but didn't want just a plain envelope or store provided card? Then this little clutch is perfect.


Stardream Metallic cardstock in Lagoon makes this extra special by giving it a sparkle.
I die cut all the components from Stardream Lagoon and Pop-Tone Strawberry Lemonade cardstock



The dies I use are from Concord & 9th's Classic Clutch Collection this also has stamps for the decoration.
The first step is to create the main part of the clutch the die cut full piece and mat. By scoring the parts and matting the Lagoon base with Pink Lemonade



This is the flap and back sections, part of the inside also has a mat. I leave this open at the top to form a pocket.

There is also a cute zip for pockets, this is from silver mirror card along with a heart pull. I add this to the back pocket of the clutch using wet glue.

The sides and bottom of this fold at the score lines and strong adhesive tape holds it in place.

Next I need to create the sides of the purse. Again these are cut using a die, they are then folded into concertina shapes.

I apply lots of tape on these as they need to be strong enough to hold the clutch in shape. The tent shape faces the outer edge of the sides to allow plenty of room for a gift card to fit inside.

They fit perfectly and still allow the piece of cardstock I placed inside to fit a gift card. Then you can use the main section for another small gift.

The clutch doesn't stay closed on its own so self adhesive Velcro dots are perfect for this. I place both parts together and apply to the flap of the clutch. when I then close the flap the second part adheres in the perfect place to hold the flap down.
The clutch has an adorable strap, this also has adorable tags and findings. I cut the strap in the Lagoon cardstock and the findings in silver mirror.
I then adhere this to the inside of the clutch which leaves the strap and tags hanging from the side.
Lastly the flap needs some decoration the word enjoy fits perfectly across the flap along with some die cut hearts. The outside as well as the inside looks pretty.
I just love the little zipper on the back.
I hope you have gained some inspiration from my post, If you have please tag cutcardstock on you Instagram or Facebook posts.

No comments: