Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

First ever post!!

Well here goes, hello and welcome to my blog. I thought I would kick it off with a project I have been working on.
I was asked to do some wedding invitations for my broter's wedding in October. They didn't want anything traditional and had seen the funny cake toppers in the internet so I worked with a picture of one of these.
The colour theme was purple (a certain chocolate bar purple), cream and silver. So I researched the RGB colour and used My Craft Studio to make a background sheet, cut out the picture and pasted it onto the back ground. Did the same for the mats adding text in cream.

With a bit of purple and silver mirror card it all came together, see you what think. I had to add a band around to keep the card closed as the weight of the mirror card pulled it open.
 I now have to work on matching place cards, menus and table numbers!!!

The happy couple were extremely happy with them and I've just received mine in the post!!!!

11 comments:

Alyx said...

Ooh...love them! Totally not what I expected, though I don't quite know what I did expect, lol. Good luck with the rest of it.
xx

Cherry said...

Hi Sharon it's looking great. It a while to get your head round doing it but worth it. Love your inviation too! please come visit my blog xxhugsCherry

Linda Simpson said...

Hello Sharon you have finally taken the plunge and blogged. I am delighted for you and can't wait to see your creations. Well done you.

Beautiful card and I can't wait to see the rest of the wedding accessories.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Chris said...

FAB start to your blog, loving the invitations looking forward to seeing the rest. Chris xx

Anonymous said...

Love the invitations they look great, love the color theme too. Your blog looks great xx

annemarks said...

Your invites are great and the colours are fab :)

Dawn said...

Great invites! It's alway's weird getting one of your own creations in the mail!! lol
Good luck with the rest of the stationery!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Su said...

Great invite, no wonder the happy couple are delighted with them. Good luck with the rest of the stationery!

Soop:)

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Very pretty, I love the colour
Lindsay xx

Celias said...

Love it very amusing and different xxxxxxxxxx

Sharon Smith said...

DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Molliemooscraftyplace – My personal Blog!