Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, December 16, 2022

Holiday Candy Treats

Hello! The holidays are almost upon us. Who is ready for Christmas? We are just about there - presents to wrap and some food to buy!

Who love's to receive candy at the holidays? There is always lots of it around in our home and what better way to give it as a gift when decorated with hand crafted wrappers. My family love to see what I have come up with.

This year I have chosen some little critters to hold a small treat for everyone.


Using a cutting file, each layer is cut from Pop Tone Cardstock or Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb. The snowflake comes first, It has 3 layers and I used Neenah, Sno Cone and Black Licorice.

They are very simple to line up and by using wet glue I can have some wiggle room to make sure the layers all line up correctly.

The little snowman is next. He has 3 layers Black Licorice for his eyes and coal buttons, Tangy Orange for his nose and of course Neenah Classic Crest Solar White for his all over color. 

Even though his nose is only a tiny section, each color a full piece so that the end result is flat with no uneven surface.

Next comes the penguin, he is my favorite. Orange FizzBlack Licorice and Neenah Classic Crest Solar White make him come to life.

The piece of white cardstock in each of these is only there so the black section shows against my mat. Mr penguin has orange feet and beak and of course his black and white body.

We can't do Christmas crafts without a reindeer. There are only 2 colors for him: Black Licorice and Hot Fudge.

Once I adhered the layers together I realized that his eyes were very vacant. I had saved the waste from the penguin's face and the eye piece fit so well in the reindeers eye sockets.

A little black marker and white gel pen makes him more friendly.

Now to make them in to candy holders. Each shape has 2 score lines so they bend in to shape.

The popular truffles fit well well in the holes of each shape, you can also use round lollypops. Once the candy is in position I can glue the top of each shape. Again I use wet glue and hold them together with a paper clip until dry.

Rudolf now has his red nose. I intend on adding one of these to each of our stockings as a little extra surprise.

Oh I have made a little extra one since I did my tutorial photos, since gnomes are popular I had to add one to my little candy family. 

He actually looks like he has fairy wings with the wrapper of the truffle.

I hope I have given you some inspiration especially if you need last minute crafty holiday ideas.

No comments: