Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Get Well Wishes

A very good friend of mine has taken ill and been admitted to hospital for tests to try and ascertain the cause of her illness.
 
I made the card below to take with us today when we visited.
 
 
The image, Little Nurse, and sentiment are from my favourite stamp company, Lili of the Valley. I have coloured it with my Spectrum Noir pens and mounted it on co-ordinations card. The backing paper is from a large selection I bought from Payper Box at the NEC in November. It just matched perfectly with the blue mat layer. I have used some Wild Orchid roses and blue pearls from my stash for the finishing touches - the flowers nearly didn't stay in place as Mollie decided she would like them!
 
My friend loved the card and I hope it went some way to make her feel better at this worrying time.

12 comments:

Alyx said...

It's a fab card Sharon. Love the image and your colouring is fab. And the layout is great too...and Mollie showed great taste by wanting to nab those flowers!

Hope your friend gets some good news and that she gets the treatment she needs to help her soon.
xx

Su said...

Great card Sharon, gorgeous image (just the right side of cute!)

I'm sure your friend will appreciate it and have my fingers crossed the tests show what is wrong and how it can be treated effectively and quickly.

Carrie said...

What a lovely card. I can see why your friend was pleased with it. Hope she is feeling better soon and can be quickly treated.

Carrie xx

Kate M said...

I really love this cute image -lovely get well card.
xx

lady jasmine crafts said...

Ahh sush a cute image xx

helenpullen said...

Lovely card Sharon should put a smile on her face x

jane stillman said...

A lovely card, I'm sure you're friend loved it. Hope they find out the cause of her illness and is back on the mend soon

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the image and fab layout.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Sharon and so sorry to hear your friend is unwell. I am sure she will love this card.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Hello said...

Gorgeously cute card...I love the image and the papers you've used too chick.
huge hugs, Lorraine xx

crafting maria said...

best well wishes to your friend, i'm sure she will love the card
big hugs maria xxxx

Andi B said...

Great card Sharon, beautifully coloured image. Sorry to hear about your friend, hope she gets whatever treatment she needs soon.

Andrea x